Our equipment and our gadgets are getting smaller. Not only that, we keep demanding that more goes into them. It’s the same for components for such diverse technologies as medical and military.
Add in the processing, pile in the functionality, luckily as demand grows, Printed Circuit Boards (PCB’s) get smaller and more importantly – more flexible.
Rigid Flex PCB’s consist of multiple layers of circuits, attached to a board with a combination of both rigid and flexible areas. The rigid areas provide the required durability, while the flexible areas are responsible for the board’s adaptable movements.
Commercially, Rigid Flex Printed have many applications in Medical, Communications, Defence and Automotive industries.
In the consumer electronics industry, flexible circuits are used in cameras, personal entertainment devices, calculators and exercise monitors.
Using Rigid Flex Printed Circuit Boards not only allows possibilities that were one day only dreamed of, they could easily reduce the total cost of the final product.
A win/win for all parties involved.
The six benefits for using Rigid Flex PCBs:
- Rigid Flex PCBs allow the maintenance of strong interconnections that are physically connected, rather than two separate entities. This means increasing the strength of the connection, whilst minimizing space.
- Rigid Flex boards have a range of stack-up possibilities that provides the designer/engineer with a greater freedom when it comes to designing and selecting materials.
- Advantages of Rigid Flex PCBs go beyond its adaptable shape. They are also highly resistant to temperature, resistant to static interference and is chemically stable.
- When it comes to Rigid Flex Boards there are two common designs; asymmetrical and symmetrical. Boards with asymmetrical layer stack-ups are relatively easy and cheap to produce.
- While design can be more challenging, it can be more efficient. By being able to design in 3D, rigid flex designers can twist and manipulate the flexible board to achieve their desired, and previously unobtainable, shape.
- Rigid Flex Boards allow integrated interconnection between several rigid structures. This allows the reduction in the required number of soldered joints, plug-in connections, cables and wires required, which reduces complication and increases quality and reliability.
High standards. Quick turnaround. Expert product knowledge.
Synergy Electronics are Australia’s premier supplier of leading edge technology PCBs, including standard PCBs, Rigid Flex PCBs, Aluminium PCBs and much more.
With fast quotes, competitive prices and express delivery prototype services, Synergy Electronics understand the needs of the electronics manufacturing industry.
More technical details can be found on our Rigid Flex PCB product page.
Make Contact Now
Contact Synergy Electronics NOW to find out more about how we can assist with your PCB manufacturing requirements.
We guarantee to respond to your request for information or a quote within 4 business hours.